While we all need to work and have goals set to move us forward in our careers, it is equally important for us to take care of ourselves. Here are some tips for a health 2019:
- Be thankful – Gratefulness feels good, but we don’t allow ourselves to feel it enough. We have a lot to be thankful for as individuals and allowing ourselves to truly experience and express our thanks to others is a good feeling that can lower blood pressure, reduce depression.
- Commit to being physically fit – This doesn’t mean you have to join a health club and go on a full-blown diet. Instead, park farther away from work or the mall and walk, take the stairs instead of the elevator, eat a salad for lunch instead of a burger. Continuing to make better small choices will give you the confidence you need to make bigger changes toward a healthier life. It doesn’t all have to come at once.
- Make quality sleep your priority – Establish a relaxing bedtime routine. Make sure you get between 7 and 9 hours of sleep each night. Go to bed and wake at the same time every day, regardless of work day or weekend. Turn off all electronic devices at least 30 minutes prior to bedtime. Make sure your sleeping environment is comfortable; lighting, temperature, noise level, etc.
- Strengthen social relationships – Research shows that social relationships can have a significant impact on mental and physical health. Quality relationships are more important than quantity. Friends make life fun and engaging, giving us something to look forward to.
- Make someone else happy – The secret to our own happiness is making someone else happy.
- Learn – Continued learning allows us to develop our knowledgebase, improve ourselves, try new experiences, and challenge ourselves. It also keeps the brain active, engaged, and healthy.
The entire Medical Systems team joins in wishing you a New Year filled with joy and peace.
Back to Blog